Healing Your Trauma
Bring Your Healing Images into the Pain of Your Core Wounds
- Identify the healing images, people, or spiritual beliefs that you trust.
- Visualize a traumatic incident in your past where your core emotional wounds were created or triggered.
- Feel the emotional pain of your core wound
- Feeling the emotion is the key to this process because the energy of the trauma is trapped in your body and your psyche in the form of this emotion. Until you access the emotion by fully feeling it, it will remain trapped in your psyche
- Bring your identified healing images into the memory of your core wound by visualizing your healing images providing comfort, support and light in your traumatic memory.
- Allow the events of the memory to remain the same as you recall it, the key is altering the emotional tone of the memory by bring a healing aspect into the process.
- After this visualization exercise, explore how this experience may have changed your interpretation of the traumatic event. Look for healing interpretations that holds your traumatic experience in a growth context.
Visualization Exercise: Healing Your Trauma
Visualize bringing your healing images to your traumatic experience. (You can do this in a silent meditation or you can do this with a friend you trust who can help you walk through this meditation.) If a friend assists, first describe your core wound and the traumatic event or pattern of events in a relationship and describe your healing images)